Monday, December 15, 2014

It's rainin...not men!

Good Afternoon!
It's good to be alive and I'm thankful to be here in Auburn California! Transfer calls came in last night...and I will be staying here in Auburn with Sister Phelps. We have seven strong weeks ahead of us before I ship her back to Utah. We are excited and ready to see miracles. 
This week has had it's ups and downs. Always more ups then downs though. I have been beating myself up this week about dumb little things but it's a new week and I have a good companion that helped me through it. We saw so much success this week! This is the highest numbers we have had since I've been here in Auburn. 
Here are some of the highlights from my week:
-P-day we took the other sisters in our Zone to Old Auburn. This place is sweet. It has a bunch of old shops and stuff. We had a really fun time with them. 
-There are 2 boys here that have really stood at to me since I have been here. Their mom is a less active member and they are non-members. This week we went over to their house and had an awesome lesson with them! The boys really never talked but this lesson they talked the whole time. They were more engaged then their mom and they kept thanking us for coming. I'm excited to keep working with them. 
-Our district did a service project for a thrift shop. They sell stuff and raise the money for women and children that have been abused. This last week the whole store flooded ,because of the rain storms, so we moved everything in the store to storage units. Service is so fun when you have great people to work with. 
-Zone Meeting was great! We focused all on Christlike attributes. The spirit was very strong and we learned a lot about each individual in our Zone. 
-We were able to go see Dave again. He has his up and down days. Sometimes he isn't completely with it, which is sad, but it's always fun to talk with him. His positive attitude always makes me feel better. 
-We had an awesome lesson with our new investigator Talisia. She is an African American lady and she is a hoot! We went in with the plans to teach the Restoration and the spirit totally told us otherwise. Cool thing is Sister Phelps and I both new what to talk about without even saying anything to each other.
-It has been raining here all week long. Thursday was pretty bad so we got stuck inside and weekly planned. It was fun to watch the rain though. 
-I went on exchanges with the Sisters. I went to their area with Sister Alvarez. What an awesome missionary. Their car got rear-ended last week so they are driving around a minivan! Never would I think I would ride around in one of them on my mission. We had a great time and taught some great lessons. 
-There was an event at the Stake Center this weekend. They set up the gym with all different nativities from around the world, the chapel has music going on from different choirs in the community, live nativity, a room for kids to dress up and take pictures in the nativity, a testimony room, and more stuff I'm forgetting. What a cool idea! We were able to go with the Casey's a recent convert couple. 
Overall a great week!

I'm thankful for this opportunity to be on a mission! It truly is the best thing I have ever done! I love the people here in California and more then anything the testimony I have received. This gospel is true! 

President Boyd K. Packer said "We seek to strengthen the testimonies of the young and old, the married and single. We need to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ to men, and children, those of every race and nationality, the rich and the poor. We need the recent convert and those among our numbers descended from the pioneers. We need to seek out those who have strayed and assist them to return to the fold. We need everyone's wisdom and insight and spiritual strength. Each member of this Church as an individual is a critical element of the body of the Church."

God needs you on His team! Join the force! 

Love,
Sister Reber
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment