Monday, May 11, 2015

It's a good day!!!

Hello Everyone!
Sorry I have been slacking on my emails! Here is the run down on the past couple weeks. 
I got into my new area and got my new companion. I am now serving in the Antelope 4th Ward. It's very different then my last areas. It is all subdivisions and apartments and a really small area (no more then 10 miles across), a lot of diversity(Caucasian is probably the minority compared to everyone else), and close to the city. My new companion is Sister H. She is from Colorado, 20 years old today, an amazing crocheter and that's how she likes to spend her spare time. We have had our trials and tribulations together but, I love her.  
The past couples weeks have been trying, but I'm back on my feet running! I was able to recuperate this week. I went to Gridley for MLC and had a blast! I am so thankful for the friendships I have made on my mission! We truly are like brothers and sisters. They are the best support system ever! 
Yesterday was awesome! By the way, Happy Mothers Day to all you AMAZING women! At church the cutest little girl ran to come sit by me during sacrament....just about killed me with her cuteness! President and Sister Marston invited us for dinner. President invited 6 sisters, in place of his 6 daughters, and him and the AP's cooked us dinner. It was so great! President gave a dinner speech about the plan of salvation and the importance of mothers. What an amazing man! I love him! 
I got to skype my family! I was proud of myself!!...I didn't even cry till the very end this time! It was fun to see them! Great therapy laughing and talking! (Crazy that that was the last time on my mission) I am thankful for my awesome family and all they do for me! Love you guys! 
It's been a good week!
I had a prayed answered yesterday as I was at church. The topic was on scripture study and the impact reading can have on us. 
"The scriptures are written records of God’s dealings with His children as recorded by prophets under the influence of the Holy Ghost. We show our faith by studying, believing, and obeying God’s revealed word. We diligently search the scriptures to understand the truth. We feast upon them because they open the door to revelation and show us what we need to do and become. We search the scriptures to learn about Jesus Christ and His gospel. Faith in Jesus Christ is a gift from God and comes through studying and living His word and His gospel. The approved scriptures of the Church, also called the standard works, are the Holy Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. We should study these sacred books daily."(Preach My Gospel)
Just like any other commandment God has given us, he gives us blessings and promises to follow! Here is some of those promises(could you use any of them in your life?): Personal revelation will flow, temple marriage will increase, families will be strengthened, commitment will be strengthened, missionaries will increase, testimonies will be strengthened, and activity in the church will increase. 
"As we study God's word, we receive guidance in our daily lives, healing of the soul, and power to avoid deception and resist temptation." 
Family and friends, I know this to be true! I think we often overlook or forget the power of God's words we have in our finger tips. Open the book and read! Scriptures that are falling apart usually represent a life that is not! I love you all! 
Love,
Sister Reber 

Sister Reber
California Roseville Mission

 Sister Soliai and I with AP Johnston and Gillies @ Mothers Day Dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment