Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A New Transfer!

Good Afternoon Everyone!
It's been a good couple of weeks and I'm excited to share it with you. I didn't email last week so I have even more to update you. So here you go.....

Transfer weekend: Friday Night I got a call from Sister Vakapuna and she said "Sister Reber you are going to speak at C's funeral.....tomorrow!" I just about died! It's a good thing I love Vak! C was an investigator we were teaching in Auburn. She found out a week before that she had cancer and passed away 6 days later. I was scared to talk but I prayed and prayed not to be nervous. We got to the funeral the next morning and found out I was the main speaker! I thought I was just suppose to get up and share a few words. It's a good thing I know the Plan of Salvation by heart. They started and introduced me. I got up and gave the "sermon" they wanted. It went well I think.  
Saturday night before transfers we had a specialized zone meeting and found out who would be getting transferred. Before we found out we watched a slide show of all our pictures from the transfer. We then went around the room and answered the questions "What was the biggest thing you learned this transfers?" and as a companionship, "what was your favorite memory?" My response was this- "This transfer I've learned that God's plan is perfect. Even the little moves we make and the people he puts in our lives. This is the perfect zone for me to be in, with the missionaries I need, and the trials I needed to learn" Sister Heil answered the next question for us, me not knowing what she was going to say, she said "We have had a lot of trials this transfer. The best thing that has happened to us was how we were able to work things out. One day particular that stood out to us was a few weeks ago when I got an email from my mom saying that a close family friend had died. That same day, exactly a year ago, Sister Reber got an email saying that her cousin had died. It was awesome that she knew exactly how I was feeling and could help me through it." It touched my heart! The transfer call came and Sister Heil found out she was leaving. It was sad. It was sad for our zone, we would be changing. The next few days were really rough. I have really came to love this zone and the missionaries in it. They have done so much for me. This zone is amazing! I truly have never felt so close and unified in a zone. We have became so close. It's like we all grew up together. 
Sunday night I got a call from AP Gillies! "Sister Reber, you're training!" I knew the call was coming, and honestly I wasn't super excited. I was still in "sad mode" about all the changes going on. But I hoped I would get excited. 
Monday night Sister Vakapuna got to come spend the night with us before she left home. It was so good to talk to her and spend some time with her! Man I love that girl! 
Tuesday was so hard! We took Sister Vakapuna to the mission office and I had to say bye(which is just see ya later) to her,  I had to say by to Elder Zaugg. Elder Zaugg has been the biggest influence on me here in Antelope and I'm so grateful for him. Then I had so say bye to Sister Heil. By the time that was all over, I was emotionally exhausted....not to mention the giant bags under my eyes. 
A thought I had during transfers, "When you come on a mission you say bye to your family once. When your on a mission you have to say bye to your family every 6 weeks." These missionaries, the members your serve, they become your family! 
Tuesday Afternoon I didn't have a companion so I helped at the mission office with the new missionaries. I was able to take out of the sisters tracking. It was weird not knowing what Sister I was going to have as a companion. We had fun though. 
Later in the day Sister Soliai, the awesome chick!, came and picked me up and we went to Roseville (her area), had some dinner, and got ready for our greenies! It was so good to spend some time with her and it got me excited! That night we came back to Antelope and stayed here. 
The next morning we got ready and headed to pick up "our baby girls". That moment standing in front of the room waiting to hear which companion is going to be yours .......is so weird! You're nervous, excited, and about ready to through up! Haha. But meet my new baby! Sister Monica Mackay from Zachary, Louisiana! She is so great, has a strong testimony, and is so pumped to be a missionary! It's been fun getting to know her! 
Our first dinner ,the D's, the greatest family ever, had a greenie dinner for her. That was fun! 
This week we had Zone conference, with Elder Kacher of the 70. He pretty much through down! We are becoming casual as missionaries and I personally need to be better. It was good to have some be blunt and say what's what! 
Anyways that's been the week summed up! 
Love you all!! 


Pictures:
*Me, Sister Mackay, and President & Sister Marston
*Saddest thing ever! I love Vak!! Enjoy the RM life! 
*the ENTIRE Antelope Zone! All 10 of us! Purple at Zone Conference!




No comments:

Post a Comment