Monday, March 24, 2014

Miracles!

Family & friends,

What a beautiful day it is here in Palo Cedro! I am so blessed to be here in the country. I just wanted to share a miracle that happened this week.

We have been having a really hard time finding investigators so we decided to fast one day this week. It was super hot outside and we were tracting, we felt like we were going to pass out but we knew that because we were doing the Lords work we would be fine. That afternoon as we ended our fast, the NEXT house we went to, the lady opened the door and was very interested in our message. We now have a new investigator.

Last night we were able to go to a fireside with the youth of the ward. I felt the spirit so strong there as they talked. One of the speakers works for CHP (California highway patrol) in the helicopter . He told a story of a time that he got called out and to keep the story short. The man was not living the life he should have, he kept
screaming "don't let me die!", this man was flown to the hospital, still screaming "don't let me die!", he later died at the hospital. The speaker related this to the Atonement. Are we ready to meet our maker? We never know what is going to happen in our lives, we could get in a crash tomorrow and die. Are we ready if that happened? Our Savior, Jesus Christ, made it possible for us to be forgiven of our sins, all we have to do is repent! "Therefore may God grant unto you, my brethren, that ye may begin to exercise your faith unto repentance, that ye begin to call upon his holy name, that he would have mercy upon you; (Alma 34:17)"

This gospel has blessed my life is so many ways! I am SO thankful to be out on my mission right now, meeting these amazing people of California, and teaching the Gospel to those I meet! May you all have an amazing week! I will keep you all in my prayers!

Love,
Sister Reber

PS - As a missionary in the Roseville Mission, we have the opportunity to use Facebook to teach the Gospel. Please follow me on Facebook and if you like something I post please share it, the more shares, the more
people see, the more missionary work is going on! Keep up the good work! Also, if you know anyone that would like to hear the Gospel I can answer any questions on Facebook.

I'm sure loving this country setting! Animals all day long! Except the cats....i forgot to tell the cat story....here it goes! So I'm sitting in a lesson this week, and there cat walks over to me, jumps on my lap, starts walking up the front of me, and starts digging into me, here's me "uuuuhhhhh UUUHHHHHH um this thing is gonna kill me!"
Finally as it goes to grab my face, as I try rip the thing off of me, the lady pulls it off of me. Ya, I can do without the cats! Hahaha.


 This is the road that we take up to one of the town we teach in. The Elders are in front of us.  This is the     reason that we need a truck around here.
I love being in the country! 

No comments:

Post a Comment