Monday, April 14, 2014

Let God change you!

Good Morning Family and Friends,
I have been so grateful this week to truly belong to the greatest family and have the best friends! Thank you all so much for the support you have given me in my life and especially on my mission. I have had an amazing week of personal growth and learning.


Change: Oh, change is hard! Change can be rough! We all have a fear of change! We don't like change! This week my goal was to learn to except change in my life! I feared coming on a mission because things would change at home, I feared getting transferred because of change, I feared letting a mission change me because I didn't want to CHANGE! Well this week, I've CHANGED my view on things!


C. S. Lewis indicated there is often pain in change when he wrote of God's expectations for His children: "Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of--throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace" (Progress through Change) Well, I want to be that Palace!

Bruce Barton said that, "When we're through changing, we're through." My life isn't through, our life isn't through, and we need to continue to change! As I have excepted this, this week, I have been able to rely on the spirit more, relate to people better, and am able to become more Christlike. During Zone meeting this past week our Zone Leader said "the mission shouldn't change your personality, let it change your character!". I truly believe that!


Things are going great here in Palo Cedro! We are seeing more and more success!
I hope you all have a great Easter!

Love,
Sister Reber
Challenge: Get on Facebook and watch the new "Because of Him" video by
the church and share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment