Monday, October 13, 2014

PEAKS, PITS, PRAISES, and PRAYERS!

Hello Family, Friends, and RM's,

What a crazy week! This week I'm going to use the format of PEAKS, PITS, PRAISES, and PRAYERS! After all that is what a mission consists of!

Peaks:
There were SO many peaks this week, but here are a few that stand out.
 -We had an awesome lesson with R. R is a lady we are teaching. Her husband and kids are all members and she has decided to get baptized. She has a date set for next month.
-A lot of you asked if we got to see "Meet the Mormons". We did! Our mission, as well as many other missions, received the dvd before it came out. Missionaries were able to watch it so we could encourage members, and others, to take their friends to go see it. Our Zone was able to watch it on Thursday. It seems like Auburn has been a place of miracles for me! Watching 2 awesome sisters go home and now a third, watching them struggle to go home and not want to leave the mission,
has been a blessing. I couldn't figure out why I didn't feel that way, why I couldn't get into the groove of missionary work, why that day coming down the escalator in the airport was what I was looking
forward to, I wanted to absolutely fall in love with my mission! Watching Meet the Mormons is what did! Watching that Elder get his call, getting ready to leave, and leaving, for some odd reason, made
me fall in love with being on a mission and even thinking about going home made me tear up. I understand the feeling my past companions have had, and I love it!
-J's Baptism! I was able to go back to Palo Cedro, yesterday, for her baptism! I am so grateful I did! 6 hours in the car was totally worth it! There was an amazing spirit there, there was a lot of people
there to support her, and she was glowing! It was a very cool experience. She wasn't even nervous until right before. We went into the chapel and said a prayer with her. It was a very cool experience
with many different missionaries. Just a little history of J. Sister Brewster and I had been tracting for months straight and one day we were prompted to go tract a road. I remember praying that we could
just find someone! Tracting for two or three months straight, I was starting to loose faith(or really didn't have any faith) in it. We started tracting and no one was interested. I told Sister Brewster
"alright let's be done" and she said "one more!" (sadly she must have had more faith in my prayer than I did). We went and knocked on the door and there's Jesse. First thing she says, "come in!". It was history after that! Nothing stopped her! Her testimony is amazing! It was good to be back in Palo Cedro to officially say bye to people, but still hard.

Pits: Got "dominated" by a dog 3 times in one night! What is this?? #forreals

Praises:
-The Anderson Sisters, for taking on the lessons and loving J. They were amazing yesterday and let me into their companionship, getting her ready.
-Amazing friends and family that keep me going! The emails, letters, and prayers! Thanks!

Prayers: My prayers have been full of praying for the people here in Auburn. Some sad things in some people's lives. For me, praying that I can remember all this new stuff, names, and places I am going.

We heed prophetic word even when it may seem unreasonable, inconvenient, and uncomfortable. According to the world’s standards, following the prophet may be unpopular, politically incorrect, or
socially unacceptable. But following the prophet is always right. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
-Live according to the Words of the Prophets-

Thanks for all you each do!
Last week The challenge was to post a conference talk on Facebook or give a referral to your local missionaries, I hope you were good member missionaries and did it! This week is the same challenge...just do the other one!
Till next week,
Love,
Sister Reber

 Sister Comstock(Anderson), J, me, Sister (Lori) Brewster, Sister Alan(Anderson), and Sister (Kelly) Gibbons. All the sisters that taught J, in just a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment