Monday, November 17, 2014

Good Afternoon!

Good Afternoon!!
I hope this email finds you all well and happy! I am so happy today and so grateful to be on a mission! This week has been a lot of hard work but fun! Last Tuesday I took Sister Hänninen to the mission office and got Sister Phelps. Not only a new companion BUT....I got a brand new blue truck! I didn't even have to beg! They love me that much;) Sister Phelps is awesome! We hit it off right away! She is from West Valley, Utah ,been out 15 months, and just fun! She is an all out exerciser and wants to be a personal trainer. Don't worry I'm still alive....just way sore! I have my own personal trainer and it's great! Haha.

This week Sister Phelps and I have made a lot of goals for our time here in Auburn, went around meeting a lot members, spent some time with the Bishop, and just got excited about being here together. We work really well together and have a lot of new ideas we have came up with.

Wednesday we went to the care center...nothing too funny happened this week! Same sweet little old people!
Thursday we had our Zone meeting. It went great! We taught a little and the rest of the missionaries bore testimony! It was so great and the spirit was strong!

Friday we went to the temple. Sister Phelps had a recent convert going to do Baptisms of the Dead and went to watch. What a cool experience! E is 71 years old and super tall! He was baptized for his brother. I have never felt the spirit so strong in the baptismal room. He was smiling ear to ear! That's what a mission is all about! It's not seeing them in white at their baptism, that's just the first step,
seeing them in the temple is when you see the success!
R is getting baptized this week and we are very excited for that! She is very excited for this next step in her life. She is such an awesome women!
Well it's time to get to work!
I love you all and thanks for all the support and encouragement!
Love,
Sister Reber

"O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods."
Psalms 95:1-3
 Look who I found! Elder Avery!! What an awesome Elder!
 Sister Phelps and I at the temple.




No comments:

Post a Comment