Monday, November 3, 2014

Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God

Good Afternoon Family and Friends, 
 
It has been a great week! I don't have much time to write today but...this week I have had a few things on my mind. This week during our time at the care center I had some interesting conversations. One of them was with a man that asked me "Am I dead?" And said "No, you're alive" and the conversation went on. Later I looked over and he was praying. His prayer was so simple. He was asking God for help to get through this time in his life. 
Another man, that never talks, came and sat by me. As I asked questions, not expecting an answer, he started to talk. He started talking about how beautiful it was outside and how warm it was. I didn't say anything for a few minutes and noticed he was looking at me. I asked "what are you doing?" He smiled and said "looking at you" ...."you are beautiful". My heart was filled. 
As I thought about these conversations over the week, these conversations with men that probably won't be on this earth for much longer, it reminded me of what really matters in life. The knowledge of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation, thanking and recognizing God for the little things in life, and treating others with a great respect. I am so thankful for this wonderful opportunity to be on a mission and the things I learn everyday. 
Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
D&C 18:10

A few other of this weeks highlights:
-Came upon a car accident, called 911, and well it's along story.
-Zone Blitz in Grass Valley. The whole zone went to Grass Valley and spent the day there doing missionary work. Contacting mostly less actives. We saw a lot of success from it. 
-Interview with President went great. 
-Halloween night was spent weekly planning but we got one trick-or-treater. 
-I have now had a physiological reasoning for my personality...as well as the rest of the zone. We took color personality tests a few weeks ago and had fun figuring out about each other. 

Sorry it's a boring letter this week. Love you all!
Love,
Sister Reber 

Photos- A cute family made us "Sister Missionary" cookies. 
Our CRM pumpkin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment