Monday, June 16, 2014

I Will Be Following Up With YOU!

Good Morning Everyone!

What an amazing week! Here are just a few highlights from my week.
 
Monday- First time eating abalone. I won't lie, it was really good, different, but good. We ate it at a Non-members home we tracted into one of the very first weeks we were here. "L" is Jewish and "M" is Catholic, but doesn't practice. They are the nicest people ever! They treat us just like daughters and always stop to talk to us if they see us walking around town.
Tuesday- Gods tender mercy of sending us the breeze while tracting hours during the day.
Wednesday- Zone meeting! So many of my questions/prayers were answered! We focused a lot on the good things we have been doing. Our Zone is leading the mission but we have all been here for 3 transfers (with only a change of 2 elders) that we started to get down on ourselves. Although we have a lot to do, we came out pumped and ready to hit the pavement (or in my case dirt roads) again! One quote that I loved from Zone meeting..."We set goals to show our faith. We follow up on those goals to see our blessings." What truth that is!
Thursday- We were able to attend a Relief Society social. It was at one of our members home....and it was a swim party! I was so jealous just sitting their watching everyone in that pool. But it was a lot of fun just to visit and have lunch with everyone. We also had a lesson with the "S" kids that night that went very well. "N" is so excited to be baptized. "A" is super quiet but I was able to talk to her for awhile after the lesson and she really opened up to me. "K" is so close to committing to baptism. She said she wants to be but she is still praying to get an answer. They are such great kids.
Friday- Such beautiful weather. We ended up tracting almost all day.
Saturday- We had exchanges and I stayed here in Palo Cedro. We went to Shingletown and had a great time. The town was having a big celebration and everyone was so outgoing and having fun. We also got to visit with Sister V and hear some more great stories. We did some Personal Progress with "C", and then headed to the adult session of Stake Conference. President and Sister Weston (the mission president) came and spoke. The night's focus was on missionary work and was amazing!
Sunday- the general session was focused on the Priesthood and Womanhood. We came out very inspired. The "H" Family also had a very exciting day yesterday. Brother H was able to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. Their family was so excited! Afterwards he was able to give Sister H a blessing for her and the new baby on the way! We are so excited for them! We went to their house afterwards and they set up to get their patriarchal blessings next Sunday! What a blessing it is to watch the gospel change their lives. What great weather we have had all week and great experiences!

Having been filled with inspiration this week, I wanted to share a few things that will benefit you, as they have for me. I want to share an experience my Mission President, President Weston, shared with us at the adult session of Stake Conference. He says "my wife and I were traveling home from a meeting a few weeks ago and it was getting late, my wife said she needed something to eat. We went through a drive through, and I won't tell you where. When I got to the window the lady says "the people in front of you payed it forward, now are you going to pay it forward?", I said well how much is it. Before she told me my wife just nodded her head. I pulled out two pass along cards and handed them to her. She said "well what are these for". I said well I want you to commit to me right now that you will invite those people behind me to get on the website on the card. She said "alright, now what's the other one for?" I said that's for you! Will you commit to get on that website tonight?" She said of course."

Family and friends, we are successful as we invite! We don't know what will ever come out of those two pass along cards, but there was an invitation made! As I studied this week, in Doctrine and Covenants 86,
this is a Revelation given to Joseph Smith in 1832. In verse 5 we read, "Behold, verily I say unto you, the angels are crying unto The Lord day and night, who are ready and waiting to be sent forth to reap down
the fields". WE WERE THOSE ANGELS begging to come to this Earth to share the gospel! We are ALL missionaries! Our purpose is to INVITE others to come unto Christ! Yes sharing the Gospel might be scary, but you were born to do it, you were born on this earth, at this special time to SHARE to Gospel.

Family and Friends, I testify to you that if you open your mouth in a good and positive way, that miracles will come! I want to COMMIT YOU, THIS WEEK, to INVITE someone! Here are a few ideas, you may not think to be missionary opportunities, invite a friend to a ward function, invite a less active or non member over for dinner, share a gospel cd or song with someone that might need it, when a friend is over invite
them to have family prayer with your family, invite someone to church, or invite them to meet with the missionaries. I KNOW that as you pray for missionary opportunities, miracles will come. Take every
opportunity to share the Gospel.

Family and friends, the field is white already to harvest! I will be praying for you and your experiences, I hope to hear some awesome stories next Monday! They will come, if you put your faith in your Heavenly Father.

Love,
Sister Reber
"Those family and friends of Sister Reber's, THEY HAVE GUTS!"....to share the Gospel!!

Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted ; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks. (D&C 98:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment