Monday, June 9, 2014

READ YOUR SCRIPTURES!

Family and Friends,
What a blessing it is to be out on a mission! I am so thankful to be here in Palo Cedro inviting others to come unto Christ! What a blessing it is! I feel so blessed! Here are just a few things I am thankful for this week!

-Service Opportunities! When you are in the service of your fellow beings you are in the service of your God! As I am able to work along side so many women,that have gone through so much, I have seen my
testimony grow as well as theirs! So many miracles, if only I had time to tell them!

-My family and Friends and their support! What more could I ask for! I was asked this week to write my testimony about the temple, as I pondered on my experiences I was blessed to know that one day we will
all be able to love in Heaven together with our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ.

-The Atonement! That makes it possible for us to live with our Heavenly Father again! For the blessing of being able to be forgiven of our sins.

-The Creation! For this beautiful place our Heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, has given to us! Just look around!

"...it is important to frequently “count our blessings”--and anyone who has tried this knows there are many--but I don’t believe the Lord expects us to be less thankful in times of trial than in times of abundance and ease. In fact, most of the scriptural references do not speak of gratitude for things but rather suggest an overall spirit or attitude of gratitude.
When we are grateful to God in our circumstances, we can experience gentle peace in the midst of tribulation. In grief, we can still lift up our hearts in praise. In pain, we can glory in Christ’s Atonement.
In the cold of bitter sorrow, we can experience the closeness and warmth of heaven’s embrace.
We sometimes think that being grateful is what we do after our problems are solved, but how terribly shortsighted that is. How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God
that there is rain?
Gratitude is a catalyst to all Christlike attributes! A thankful heart is the parent of all virtues. "
(Grateful in Any Circumstances)
Thank you all for everything! I love you all! I pray that no matter what you are going through, good or bad, you will feel your Heavenly Father's love!

Love,
Sister Reber

 Turkeys at the church!
 Rebar and Bruce!

No comments:

Post a Comment